- November 13, 2018
- Posted by: vmayo
- Categories: Digital Marketing, social media marketing
Many marketers launch their (perfect social media marketing plan) programs because they feel they need to and then scramble to understand both how they will make these work and how they will be managed. Most of them do this with no goal in mind and worse, no understanding of how social media marketing (SMM) works.
Many believe that social is the answer to customer acquisition and are short-sided in defining realistic results. Unfortunately, this all results in lost time, lost customers, lost market share, and lost profitability.
5 Easy Steps To Make The Perfect Social Media Marketing Plan For Your Company
1. Create Your Executive Overview Business Plan
Spell out your business in a one-pager to realize why you need social:
- Your Business Mission and History
- Your Business or Revenue Model
- Descriptions of your Products & Services
- Details of Your Target Audience
- Review of Your Current Marketing Efforts
2. Define Your Social Media Goals
It is impossible to reach and attain a goal without defining exact specifics. Too many business owners let social metrics define their goals, such as “More Twitter Followers”, “More Fans on Facebook”, “More YouTube Views.”
- Validate a new product or service using social as a research platform.
- Develop buzz and interest in a new product.
- Engage users in social to generate relevant and targeted traffic to your site.
- Gain market share by leading customer/client service through social.
- Generate registrations to branded events through social.
3. Find Your Social Media Marketing Voice
One of the keys to ensuring your success in social is to create and implement a voice that resonates with your specific target audience. For each audience type, break down and research age, income, location, and reasons for possibly buying your products/services.
4. Choosing Your Social Media Marketing Tools Appropriately
Choosing your social tools appropriately is an essential piece of your online communications plan, so choose wisely. Let’s do a short review of the leading social sites to assist you in your selection:-
More than 955 million users. Majority between 18-25; 60 percent female. The best opportunity for community building with customers.
More than 555 million users. Majority between 26-34; 57 percent female. The best tool for interacting in real-time.
More than 170 million users. Majority between 26-34; 63 percent male. Platform for driving visibility around a brand.
More than 150 million users. Majority between 26-34, directly followed by 35-44. The number one B2B social networking tool.
More than 12 Million Users. Majority between 26-44; 68 percent female. A viral platform for sharing stories via pictures.
5. Perfect Social Media Marketing Plan, Execute Content & Delivery
Now to the hard part finding, creating, and delivering engaging social media content. Social media execution can be daunting, but with a proper plan it is doable and can drive real (marketing) results.
- Your frequency of content delivery & response to social engagement.
- Your types and specific topics for content creation.
- Ways to increase audience engagement.
- Events that can drive social.
- Your social success metrics (number of followers, number of fans, a volume of traffic back to a site, number of retweets, etc.).