- September 7, 2018
- Posted by: vmayo
- Categories: Digital Marketing, Ecommerce Marketing, Mobile Marketing
Digital marketing payments platform Paytm today announced a toll-free number to enable consumers and merchants without an internet connection to pay paytm account and receive money instantly and also recharge their mobile phones.
Customers and merchants will need to register their mobile numbers with Paytm and set a four-digit Paytm PIN, the company said in a statement.
This will empower millions of non-smartphone users to go cashless even without a smartphone.
Recently, PayTM Founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma pledged a fund of Rs 10 crore to build a network of startups that are working towards environmental sustainability in India. In late November, when the firm faced criticism over significant Chinese ownership, Sharma had asserted that the payments and e-commerce platform is “as Indian as Maruti” and prides itself on being a representative of the “India story”. Paytm’s had hailed the ongoing demonetization drive with advertisements displaying Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s picture, leading many critics to point out that its single largest shareholder is Chinese giant Alibaba, the world’s largest e-commerce player.
Nitin Misra, Senior Vice President, Paytm, Said,
They (Digital Marketing Users) can then enter the recipient’s mobile number. The amount and their Paytm PIN to successfully transfer the money from their Paytm wallet to another Pay-TM wallet. We committed to enabling more and more Indians to transact digitally.
The launch of our new toll free payment number (180018001234) is another significant step in that direction. This will allow even non-smartphone users across India to go cashless.
How Paytm Does work(Digital Marketing)?
- The first step that required to start using the Pay-TM service to make the account. Note that the Paytm account done using the feature phone so you would have to first create an account the one using the smartphone or the PC.
- Once you have created your Pay-TM account. Use it to add money to it by using your credit/debit card or the net banking. For this purpose, you would easily get the simple options on your smartphone device screen or the PC with that paytm account opened before.
- Now to send the money offline to any mobile number using the Paytm’s service, you need to call on [1800-1800-1234] which is entirely toll-free. Call this number through the Pay-tm registered number only.
- Your call would automatically get disconnected within a few minutes and after that. You would have to wait for the call from the PayTM. When the call comes from the just pick it up and then go for the further steps. If you are using it for the first time then you would require the PIN. This for the safety of the account so goes for it.
- After you have completed your whole PIN setup on the phone. Then you asked just to fill up the mobile number to whom you wish to transfer your money. Fill up the number and the amount of money you wish to transfer and then send it from there. That’s it!
Make Payments by Calling The Same Number!
After setting up the pin, whenever you need to pay a merchant. You have to call this number, and it asks for the merchant mobile number and amount to be paid. After entering those details, you have to enter your pin which you have set in the first step. That’s it; the payment made to the merchant
Doesn’t Work For Now!
Also, we guess that this new feature is still under testing. We tried calling the toll free number from our mobile number, but it continuously suggested as busy. Hopefully, it can get fixed in coming days