- July 3, 2017
- Posted by: vmayo
- Category: Search Engine Optimization
This is where we cover news of the latest Google updates June 2016 and rumors which may effect your ranking in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP’s). Unfortunately, due to the secretive nature of Google (to help prevent Black Hat SEO’s gaming the system) it is not always easy to understand or see the changes Google makes, especially as Google tweaks its algorithm daily.
By keeping a track of the changes in the SERP’s in combination with your own rankings as well as feedback both in the SEO community and Google itself you can sometimes extrapolate what you need to do on your website to increase your website’s ranking.
The typical sources we use to gauge this information are as follows:
- SERP Trackers – Trackers such as the Mozcast, Algaroo and Rank Ranger can identify when movement happens in the SERP’s allowing us to investigate possible causes.
- Google Announcements – On occasions announcements or snippets of information are made by Google either directly (via blog posts) or indirectly by their employees (i.e. John Mueller who does the Webmaster Central Hangouts).
- Forum Chatter – A great way to determine whether an update or algorithm change has hit is by monitoring popular forums where webmasters hangout.
- Other News Sources – We keep an eye on other news sources to see if they have either picked something up we missed, or even been privy to exclusive conversations with Google or its employees.