- January 12, 2019
- Posted by: vmayo
- Category: Business Branding
What are the authentic strategies to increase blog traffic? How do I boost traffic and gain more presence for a new blog? What is the best way to generate traffic to the WordPress blog? How do I boost traffic for a new blog? How to get viral traffic?
Today, I’m going to share authentic strategies I’ve used to get traffic to my websites. Most bloggers struggle to drive a meaningful amount of traffic to their blogs, even after putting out high-quality content on their site.
Growing your number of followers is a slow process, but effective so long as you’re consistent. We’re right there with you here are easy steps you can start taking to increase blog traffic!
I’ll begin with a quick overview of the strategies to increase blog traffic, then we’ll break them down further – step by step.
Step-By-Step Authentic Strategies to Increase Blog Traffic
Make Viral Content
Before creating a blog always follow these the three secrets of creating viral material to increase blog traffic. As a blogger, you should always ensure that you’re creating awesome headlines. Your headline is what gets visitors to your site and captures their interest.
This is not a new concept, it’s a 90s type concept to attract viewers.
The next secret is the length of the blog.
Great content is about more than just the information. It’s about getting your audience the results they want. So include all the information your readers need — without overwhelming them.
More words mean more opportunities for SEO. It means a high conversion rate.
How can I make it so valuable that they’ll write me to say, “Thanks, this really helped me”?
And the last one is share with the world. For this, you have to understand some important things.
- Understand your viewers then start of the article.
- Break content into subheadings and paragraphs.
- Highlight certain key passages/phrases in bold/italics where relevant.
- Use dot point lists where relevant.
- Use quotes within the article body where relevant.
- An article must be researched, and you can also list all references at the end of the post.
To understand your viewers just start communication and see what they want. For this, you have to just direct way to understand your audience is either by Quora, Linkedin article, subreddit, Facebook group.
Spend some time talking, and most importantly, listening to them. You’ll discover topics and pain points that your reader will want to be answered.
SEO For Bloggers
keywords and SEO have to be a part of your strategy. When you start single blog post you should have a keyword in mind.
A simple way to draw a relevant audience as they will be looking for those in the first place.
So go ahead, shout it from the rooftops, “I care about keywords!” Be loud and proud.
They key thing to remember with SEO is all good things in moderation.
There are a few reasons why SEO for bloggers
- SEO takes a while, so if you’re optimized from the start, you’ll get there faster.
- Organic traffic is at the top of the list of marketing channels on the web, being responsible for hundreds of thousands of visitors to top blogs in every niche.
- There’s no reason not to do it. As long as you’re not keyword stuffing, you’ll benefit in the long run and eventually learn how to increase blog traffic.
search engine optimization is fine when done right.
Google drives billions of searches a day. Trust me, you want to use keywords to get a piece of that cake.
When you find one with a low keyword difficulty, create a post around that topic, including your primary keyword and its related keywords. This is your first step to learning how to increase blog traffic.
Targeting long-tail keywords is really your only chance of getting a top SERP spot in Google. Start with Google. Begin typing in a phrase and see what Google’s auto-complete suggestions are. Make note of the “Eureka!” suggestions.
Social Media Help Increase Blog Traffic?
When it comes to promoting your blog, it’s essential that you’re strategic about where you spend your time. While it’s nice to establish your presence across a range of social networks, you’ll quickly burn out trying to excel with every social site.
I must sound crazy to you when I say that the theme of your website can help you grow your social media shares. Let me explain.
When you style your weblog with a good theme, it changes your site’s front-end i.e. what a visitor sees when he browses your blog site.
But remember, people, don’t just share anything on the social media. You need to build their interest, give them a better experience, to encourage them to share content on your blog.
Involve your community in your blog content.
Give, give, give, give before you ask. That’s the key to networking with other bloggers in your industry. Most new bloggers ask favors blatantly and they get rejected. Instead, find ways to offer help to other bloggers and it will help you in the long run in terms of generating more traffic, leads, and sales.
Use Google Analytics to see which websites are driving the most referral traffic. Find the forums and sites your target audience visits, and get active. Engage in discussion and post links or blog comments when appropriate. This is big – you can’t come off as spammy.
Guest Post strategies
Good manners go a long way online. If you’re looking to build blog traffic, you’ll want to establish good relationships with other bloggers in your niche. Sometimes you’ll even want to team up with your enemies, Game of Thrones style.
It takes the effort to create these articles, but when you do it, you can get hundreds of thousands of new readers and many thousands of new customers for your business.
Google gives a lot of importance to backlinks. Do you know why authority sites always get first page rankings for most keywords and topics? They all have a ton of sites linking to their posts. These backlinks are considered as “votes” by Google and it gives top rankings to their contents.
Why use SociallyViral WordPress Theme?
SEO Ready, responsive and social media traffic generator WordPress theme, SociallyViral, is designed with the foremost goal to help trending news, blogs or magazine sites get viral traffic from top social networking websites. hence, This beautifully designed and engaging theme helps to increase your social shares, boost your social media traffic and search engine rankings as well.
Created by MyThemeShop, the top WordPress Marketplaces for premium themes and plugins, SociallyViral theme is 100% responsive and comes with all the features desired by bloggers in a modern theme. So, It is compatible with all browsers and has been built keeping in mind the latest search engine guidelines.
Here are 40 steps to becoming a better blogger…
First, I’m going to assume you’re using WordPress. You are using WordPress, aren’t you? The built-in SEO and pinging functions make WordPress a search engine machine.
- Post at least once a day.
- Optimize your blog for the search engines.
- Make sure you have an “About Me” page.
- Let your readers see the REAL you. Blogging is more personal than conventional websites. Also Don’t be afraid to tell a few stories from your own life. By being real and personal, you will build a relationship with your readers based on loyalty and trust.
- Get involved in the blogosphere. Being a blogger is about being part of a community. Leave comments on other blogs and get to know your favorite bloggers.
- Give your blog its own unique voice… You!
- Spend 99% of your time focused on creating unique, quality content. Content is King; or as John Reese says, “content is King Kong”.
- Optimal Title – This plugin allows you to optimize the title of your blog post in order to improve your search engine rankings.
- Google Sitemap Generator – This plugin will enable you to automatically generate a Google sitemap for your blog.
- Show Top Commentators – This plugin encourages feedback and discussion by rewarding the top commentators with a link back to their site in the sidebar.
- Related Posts – This plugin will find other blog posts that are related to the current post. So, This encourages extra page views and keeps readers at your blog for a longer period of time.
- Super Archive – One of the best archives system.
- WP-Cache – This plugin is an extremely efficient caching system that will also make your site much faster.
- WP-ContactForm – This plugin allows your readers to easily email you. It also helps avoid spam.
- Popularity Contest – This plugin determines which of your posts are most popular and then puts them in the sidebar.
- Adsense Deluxe – This plugin makes it easy to implement Adsense into your blog.
- Sociable – This plugin helps you spread your content through social bookmarking sites like Digg, Reddit, and others.
- Add photos to each of your posts.
- Publish a full feed instead of a partial feed.
- Consider approaching newspapers with a story about your blog. Remember, journalists are hungry for content and if you can come up with a unique twist, then you could get some great coverage.
- Persistence is the key. Give your blog at least 6 months before you start expecting great returns on all of your hard work. Believe me, it will pay off in the long run.
- Submit exclusive content to high-profile sites.
- Syndicate a press release. Take some time to craft a truly compelling and newsworthy press release and send it to some of the top journalists and bloggers. You can then submit it to the main press release sites, including PRWeb and PRLeap.
- Turn your articles into podcasts.
- Turn your articles into videos using PowerPoint to create an entertaining slideshow. And, Submit your video to all of the
- popular video sites, including Google Video, YouTube, and others.
- Participate in and submit to social web 2.0 sites, including Reddit, Digg, Delicious, Netscape, and Stumble Upon.
- Turn your articles into downloadable reports/ebooks.
- Syndicate your articles to EzineArticles, GoArticles, iSnare, American Chronicle, and other high-profile article directories.
Exchange guest posts with other bloggers.
- Participate in group writing projects and memes.
- Create a Squidoo lens that links back to your blog and established you as an industry expert in your chosen field.
- Interview industry experts. This is one of the best ways to create original, engaging content.
- Offer an e-mail newsletter in addition to RSS. An email newsletter allows you to form a closer relationship with your visitors and picks up those who still aren’t comfortable with RSS technology.
- Ask your visitors for suggestions on how to improve your website’s content because, in the end, it’s really all about your readers.
- Create a customized 404 page.
- Enable automatic trackback and ping functionality.
- If someone mentions your website on their blog, thank that blogger in the comments of the post and send them a thank you note. So, You can monitor any mentions of your blog using Google Alerts, Technorati, and Blogpulse.
- Make contact with related bloggers online as well as offline.
- Build up the readership of your blog using StumbleUpon Ads.
You now know authentic strategies to increase blog traffic in 2019.
SEO provides you with massive long-term gains, while social media provides more immediate traffic and an audience to help you in the long run. These two essential strategies are short and sweet enough to be mastered in an afternoon, yet powerful enough to move the needle in your business.
If you found this article helpful, please share it so we can reach as many people as possible.